PE03257A.gif (4096 bytes)

News Clippings


30-SEP-98

Pet Python Pays Dearly for Biting
Hand that Fed Him

(Jefferson City, Missouri)-- Note to would-be owners of pythons: always wash your hands after feeding time.

A Missouri teen-ager who didn't, came close to losing his hand, or maybe even his life last weekend.

T.J. Chandler says he had just fed some rats to his eight-foot python and didn't wash his hands afterward. When he tried to handle the snake, it thought it smelled more food and lunged at him.

The snake tried to swallow the 17-year-old's hand and wrapped itself around both his arms. Firefighters sprayed the snake with a fire extinguisher, but that just made the animal tighten its grip.

Meanwhile, the boy was bleeding and losing circulation in one arm. So, his rescuers finally had to behead the python.



Google
 
Home | Spiders | Scorpions | Snakes | Snails | Search | Feedback | News | FAQ's | Blog 
Forums
Caresheets | Intro To Arachnids | Tarantula Gallery | Other Spiders Gallery|
 
Scorpion Gallery | Taxonomic Gallery | Snail Gallery | Snake Gallery | Cartoon Gallery  
Downloads | Games, etc. | Bookstore | Links | Message Boards, etc
 
View Guest Book | Sign Guest Book
tiny_borris.jpg (1080 bytes)

1997-2007 Martin Overton [arachnophiliac.info, .co.uk and .com] 
or Other Stated Owner, All Rights Reserved
Copyright and Disclaimer Information

tiny_borris.jpg (1080 bytes)

.